My experience at the hospital was over and I wanted a job so much but it’s hard when I’m gonna study for a really important test at the same time. So I thought, why not do something online? It seems like a great idea since you can work for only a few hours each day depending on your contract.
I tried signing up for sites like Elance and Freelancer but I’ve only been active in Upwork and I landed myself a job there last year. 2 weeks ago, someone invited me to apply for their job posting. They were looking for a social media manager and I’m the right fit because I’ve worked as an SMM last year on the same site. So, I didn’t really look for a job, I was lucky they contacted me and it was perfect timing. It was for a popular company who sells tanning products in Australia. The owner hired me after loving what I’ve done on a trial work. What I basically do is, I’m the one who looks for photos to post on their Instagram account, schedule them ahead of time, think of strategies to attract followers and potential customers. They asked me to write a blog post for them each week too. It has been great so far and the owner, who is a nice woman, compliments my work. It pays well, even bigger than what nurses earn here in our country.
If you want to try having a job online, check those site out and who knows? There are various of jobs you can do there. If you’re a blogger, you even have more advantage. You can write for another blog, be a freelance writer, a web researcher, a call center agent, a tutor, a designer, or a social media manager just like me.
- Not having a specific schedule just as long as you do your work in a specific number of hours a week or a day. It depends on the job but usually, you don’t really get to have schedules
- You can work in the comfort of your home. You can work in your pajamas and you don’t have to get ready to go to work every day
- More time with family and for yourself
- You can work anywhere you want. At a resort, a coffee shop, your friend’s house, basically anywhere with wifi connection
- You can save more money because you don’t have to pay for gas to go to work, no fares, you can cook your own meal at home, and no tax
- So many distractions that sometimes you couldn’t concentrate on your work
- Not having enough social interaction so make sure to go out with friends once in a while to balance things out
- Sometimes you can’t help but procrastinate so even if there’s no schedule, it’s important to set your own
- People might think online job isn’t a real job and sometimes you have to explain what you do
- Self-motivation and discipline are the key cuz I admit, sometimes working at home makes me lazy
It all depends on your attitude whether you’re into this kind of work. As for me, I’m grateful I have this job and I enjoy every minute of it.