There’s nothing more exciting than knowing that your day off is only just a few days or hours away. I usually only have a one day off after 3 days of working which kind of sucks sometimes cuz most people get two consecutive day offs but it’s good at the same time too since I can take a break after 3 days of working.
I bet some of you spend your day offs hanging out with friends or going to places. I usually spend mine just at home, enjoying alone time and catch some sleep. So here’s what my day off looks like:
1. SLEEP// My day off is usually after a graveyard shift. So I get home with tired eyes, eat breakfast, and sleep for 3-4 hours. Sometimes I would fight my sleepiness cuz I don’t want to waste my day off on sleep but usually, I still do.
2. BE ON FACETIME// This is actually the first thing I do when I get home. Call my boyfriend and talk to him until I fall asleep. When the connection’s good, when I wake up, he would still be on the call with me playing video games. lol.
3. NETFLIX// We would usually watch a movie together simultaneously so that it’ll feel like we’re actually watching it together but miles away. When he’s asleep, I would watch documentaries on Netflix alone like the one I saw yesterday called On The Way To School. It’s about stories of 4 kids from different countries showing the struggles of how they get to school. Funny thing is, they don’t see it as a struggle, they were even happy even if they have to walk in the middle of an African Safari for hours, if they would have to push his brother’s broken wheelchair for an hour just for them to go to school. This is one of the most beautiful documentary I’ve ever seen. So inspirational.
4. SIMS 4// This is the only PC game I play. I used to be so obsessed with it but after awhile, it gets boring. I want a game with an actual story line like The Walking Dead. Any recommendations? I still play Sims though. Here’s my little family eating dinner.
5. READ BLOGS & WRITE A BLOG POST// Like what I’m doing right now. I would go on Bloglovin, check my feed and read other blogs. It’s no fun just writing a blog post without visiting other blogger’s post. Some can be really informative, some are funny and entertaining and some has really good photos. I drop a comment on it too cuz blog posts deserves comments.
6. TAKE SELFIES// When I’m really bored, I would take selfies. Sometimes I would put on makeup just for fun, go on Snapchat and lip syncing to songs on my Spotify playlist because why not? haha. If you wanna see my random snaps, my username is ALISSAMAGS.
7. READ BOOKS// I usually read eBooks so I just use my phone for that. I’m still currently reading P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han. I usually don’t take this long to read a book but nowadays, I would rather watch movies, shows and documentaries.
8. HANG OUT// When my friends are available, which rarely happens (*insert side eye emoji), we would go out shopping and eat lunch or dinner on a restaurant and catching up on each other’s lives. When they’re not available and I’m in the mood to go out, I’m lucky that my mom is always there to hang out with me (how sad lol). We usually just watch a movie.