I’ve been searching for an easy bake cake for awhile now and I bumped into the world of mug cakes. I like the fact that you can make it under 3 minutes or less, you can make a serving just for yourself, the ingredients are not that many and you can do it easily.
I’ve seen lots of recipes from videos on YouTube, articles I found on Pinterest and other blogs but each time I try those, I fail. Mostly it doesn’t taste as good as it looks, it’s either to soggy or dry and other times, it just tasted like eggs. So I kind of researched a bit and I made sure I won’t use eggs because 1 egg is just too much for a mug cake. Oh, and make sure you have a microwave oven for this to actually work.
- 4 tbsp of flour
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 2 pinches of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of Nutella
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
1. As shown in the photos, add all dry ingredients first in the mug: 4 tbsp of flour, 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, 3 tbsp of sugar, 2 pinches of baking soda, and 1 pinch of salt.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together. It will look like that on the above photo after mixing.
3. Mix all liquid ingredients: 1/4 cup of milk and 2 tbsp of vegetable oil. I prefer mine mix it in a separate cup.
4. Pour the mixed liquid ingredient in the mug and mix it together. It should have a smooth consistency. Not too watery, not too thick.
5. Take 1 tbsp of Nutella or a filling of your choice and drop it at the center of the mixture. It will just sink and it will serve as the filling.
6. Place the mug inside the microwave for 1 minute. You can add a few seconds but too much will make it dry. I like my cake a little moist so 1 minute is just enough.
7. Let it cool and enjoy!