I have always been fascinated by name meanings and astrology. Even though I knew a part of it is just for entertainment, I always believed that those are true and hold great meaning to who we are. Names for instance can define what kind of person we are, what personality traits we have. You can’t be anyone without a name, that’s a big part of your identity. Every name has its story. And here’s mine:
How I Got My Name
My mom always wanted a girl for her first born and her prayers were answered. She told me that my name was from a book. Maybe that’s why I love books ever since I was little. Anyway, she named me after a character from a romantic novel who fell in love with a Russian Prince. She was a typical lady back in the day where she’s shy, prim and proper, and lady like. The spelling of her name was Alisa but my mom added an extra ‘s’. When I first heard it, I was like, “No wonder I’m shy”. But my mom and my aunt were a huge fan of that book so there goes my name.
What My Name Means
I got this post idea from Camie. She mentioned a site of where she got her name meaning. I looked up mine but it was the opposite of who I am, I wonder why. I found another site though and they give an in depth review of your name, even your full name, nickname and birthday. For this post though, I’m just gonna mention the meaning of my first name.
According to Kabalarians, Alissa means:
- Your name of Alissa has created your very refined, idealistic, peace-loving nature and a quick mind. You have an appreciation for music and the arts and, with training, you could be artistically creative. Being idealistic has a creative side, but being too idealistic has a tendency to shut out harsh reality. You need to curb your inclination to daydream as it is detrimental to mental progress.
- Although you are a kind person and are very desirous of association and friendship, you are really quite shy. Therefore you find it difficult to express your thoughts as freely as you wish and, thus, others do not find it easy to get to know you well. Since you lack self-confidence, you are reluctant to take steps to resolve a vital concern, even though you feel quite strongly about it. Because you are very sensitive, you feel the need of support and approval from others. Without this support, you find it difficult to make important decisions. There are many things you would like to do. You talk about them, but procrastination usually interferes with accomplishment. When things do not go well and your feelings are hurt, you are likely to turn your thoughts within and become uncommunicative. You must guard against intense moods of depression and the tendency, at times, to be secretive.
- Because you are far too receptive and sensitive, you feel other people’s thoughts more than you should. You are not inclined to be analytical enough to protect your thoughts from the influence of others. As a result, you often feel nervous, self-conscious, lonely, and sorry for yourself. You would give anything to be natural, fun-loving, and expressive.
- You find the mysteries of life and mind to be intriguing, and you enjoy reading especially about mystery and romance or possibly the occult. You realize there must be much more to life than what is just on the surface and it is the wondering that fascinates you.
- A tendency to put on weight could also be a concern. Problems could also develop in the heart, lungs, or bronchial area. Asthma, flu, and pleurisy are the types of illnesses to which you could fall heir. You would not necessarily have all these problems, but these are mentioned to pinpoint the types of weaknesses and parts of the body that are most likely to be affected.
- You are not enjoying the fullness life has to offer, as you lack self-confidence, ambition, assertiveness, and energetic vitality that would open your mind to the happiness and fulfillment you were meant to have.
Is It True?
Most of the things mentioned are indeed true. I highlighted the things that define me and most of them is sadly correct. I didn’t know there’s so many weakness in my name but I guess it’s just how it is. I’m a very creative person, I may not know how to paint or draw but I appreciate art, music and I’m a lover of words and poetry. I tend to daydream a lot even just to avoid reality. I am indeed shy and quiet most of the time and lacks self confidence. Not all the time though, I would need inspiration or support from others to keep my confidence in a certain amount of level. It’s never constant. I also have anxiety issues, sometimes socially and just worrying all the time. I’m working on it though. It may be a part of me but I know how to handle the demons now. I do enjoy reading books as you all may know. And yeah, especially romance books. I do have a tendency to gain weight, heck I’ve gained weight over the past year which kind of sucks. About the illnesses, I do have bronchial asthma and I often get a flu.
What I Think About It
Despite the negative meaning on my name, I still like it. It’s crazy how this thing is so accurate. I want to meet an Alissa to see if this just doesn’t apply to me. I think Alissa is a pretty name. Not as common as Alyssa too. I love it cuz it really suits me. The negative things may be true but I’m not gonna let it bring me down. That’s part of who I am and I’m the one who knows how to handle it. After all, I’m not always that shy girl who lacks self esteem. Sometimes I surprise myself when out of nowhere I would just speak my mind, do whatever I wanna do with full confidence on my back.
I want to know what your name means too. And if that website is also true for you.